Resharing a post from the “early days” of the 5 for 5 blog. A great quote and worth taking note of…to find new ways means sometimes getting lost.
Sometimes one unexpected thought becomes the bridge that lets you traverse the country of the familiar in an unprecedented way. -Rebecca Solnit (from “A Field Guide to Getting Lost”)
Here are this week’s additional 5 for 5 articles:
Happy, Smart, and Useful – by Derek Sivers
- SO WHAT: An interesting take on how to make big decisions.
Want to get things done? Stop thinking, start doing – by Oliver Burkeman – via The Guardian
- SO WHAT: Ideas and strategies will not develop themselves. (Idea debt)
Dear Portrait Photographers – by Missy Mwac – via Petapixel
- SO WHAT: While geared towards photographers….think about what leaders do. They give us confidence to share ideas, courage to speak publically, inspiration to solve difficult problems…
The Counterintuitive Trait That Will Make You Significantly More Successful – by Shane Snow – via Linked In
- SO WHAT: A good read on why being optimistic, but skeptical is the key to future success.
Some advice from Hollywood: The 10 Principles of Storytelling – by Do Lectures
- SO WHAT: I am fairly confident I have posted before……all great reminders. (#4 – Juxtapose is a powerful element.)
all the best, kevin