This week’s #tbt is the first video podcast from author Daniel Pink. He has written a few great books including “Drive” and “To sell is Human”….both of which I highly recommend.
In this VLOG, he shares an interesting time management technique called the Pomodoro technique. Effectively, you us a tomato time to do one focused project for 25 minutes. At the end of the 25 minutes, a buzzer sounds, you take a five minute break and then the cycle starts over again.
Here are a couple additional links for you to check out:
- The original article with recommendations on mobile apps: http://www.danpink.com/2016/02/pinkcast-1-my-go-to-productivity-trick/
- An online version that I have used: http://www.marinaratimer.com/
Here are this week’s additional 5 for 5 articles:
How to Avoid Getting Stuck in the Trap of Bad First Ideas – by Allison Stadd – via 99u
- SO WHAT: Sometimes that first idea isn’t the one you should act on……this post has some tricks to test it out
Why Creating A To-Do List Is Derailing Your Success – Stephanie Vozza – via Fast Company
- SO WHAT: To-do lists are a good thing. Agree or not?
Google Ventures On How Sketching Can Unlock Big Ideas – by Jake Knapp – via Fast Company
- SO WHAT: “Because abstract ideas lack concrete detail, it’s easy for them to be undervalued or overvalued. Sketching is the fastest and easiest way to transform abstract ideas into concrete solutions.”
How Meditation Changes the Brain and Body – by Gretchen Reynolds – via NY Times
- SO WHAT: Note to self – don’t give up on mindfulness meditation.
The realest thing in our lives – by Seth Godin – via @thisissethsblog
- SO WHAT: We can change the stories we tell ourselves
all the best, kevin