This is a throwback to a post from almost one year ago: http://www.5for5blog.com/friday-unwind-living-a-life-of-constant-total-amazement/
One of my favorite movies of all time is from the Tom Hanks-Meg Ryan era, a little piece called “Joe versus the Volcano”. While the movie never received any critical acclaim, the message from the embedded clip has stayed with me.
Just like this week’s Mid Week Motivation (http://www.5for5blog.com/mid-week-motivation-there-are-only-two-ways/), we have a choice in how we approach our lives. We can choose to live as if everything is a miracle, or as this clip shows, to live a life of constant total amazement. But ultimately…
Here are this week’s additional 5 for 5 articles:
Infographic outlines how to enjoy coffee and stay healthy – via Creative Bloq
- SO WHAT: I like #4. Coffee lovers, you are welcome.
It’s all a mistake – by Seth Godin – via @thisissethsblog
- SO WHAT: Stop avoiding things that could end in mistakes.
Design Thinking – 10 Ideas for Creating a Design Culture – via blur
- So WHAT: If you use your mind to create value, this and other reads on building design into your culture are worth the time.
4 Things to Know Before You Try Out Any Productivity Tip – by Aja Frost – via Muse
- SO WHAT: Admittedly I have helped perpetuate 11 tips of this or 8 productivity ideas of that. This article makes a ton of sense. There is no one size fits all program.
Why I Taught Myself to Procrastinate – by Adam Grant – via the NY Times
- SO WHAT: Add procrastinating to the list of things we need to avoid as much as procrastinating.
all the best, kevin