“If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” – Frank A. Clark
How many times do we take the path of least resistance, only to wish we would have fought harder to make a difference.
Here are this week’s bonus 5 for 5 articles:
A Manager’s Job Is Making Sure Employees Have a Life Outside Work – Arjun Dev Arora and Raman Frey – via HBR
- SO WHAT: Leader’s set the pace for having a life outside of work and encouraging all team members to do the same.
36 Questions Which Lead Leaders – by Chris Stricklin – via General Leadership
- SO WHAT: Ask yourself one question per day each day…….be honest about the answers……then watch your self-awareness develop
Seven Public Speaking Tips from Presence and Persuasion Coach Gina Barnett – by Susan Cain – via Medium
- SO WHAT: All great tips, don’t miss #1 – if you are just reporting and not teaching, please just send an email
This Surprisingly Simple Trick Can Make You A Better Listener – by Dave Kerpen – via Fast Company
- SO WHAT: Listening is one of the most important things a leader can do – the technique recommended is very powerful…and challenging
How to Stop Procrastinating by Using the ‘2-Minute Rule’ – by James Clear – via Motto
- SO WHAT: It’s only two minutes, right? You can do it!
all the best, kevin