Originally posted at: http://www.5for5blog.com/mid-week-motivation-every-artist-was/
“Every artist was first an amateur.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
An important reminder that in our striving for effectiveness and efficiency, we need to be open to curiosity and even mistakes.
Here are this week’s additional 5 for 5 articles:
The front row culture – by Seth Godin – via @thisissethsblog
- SO WHAT: Do you lead an organization that wants to sit in the front row?
The Secret Sauce of Silicon Valley – by Tina Seelig – via Medium
- SO WHAT: We will all fail. So when you hit the bottom, is it coated in rubber or made from concrete?
Creativity: Become a Recovering Adult – by Wally Bock – writingabookwithwally.com
- SO WHAT: We were all born curious and questioning. It is about time to reclaim that.
Global Teams Should Have Office Visits, Not Offsites – by Pamela Hinds – via Harvard Business review
- SO WHAT: I couldn’t agree more. Conference calls, skype and offsites are nothing compared to immersing your team in another culture.
The Simple Thing That Can Totally Transform Time-Suck Meetings – by Stephanie Vozza – via Fast Company
- SO WHAT: Meeting discipline should be a standing training regiment in every organization….every year.
all the best, kevin