This was one of my very early video shares and still a favorite. As Matt Appling says in his book “Life after Art.”A children we exhibit three key traits:
- Creating was important to you
- You were generous with your creations
- You lacked the self-consciousness in your training (in other words skill level wasn’t important)
The problem is that we have all forgotten these or had them trained, or worse, shamed, out of us. Our creativity never left us. We are creative.
Here are this week’s additional 5 for 5 articles:
Sharpening failure – by Seth Godin
- SO WHAT: PLEASE READ – “Pessimism is a choice. All we can do is keep moving forward.”
Being tired isn’t a badge of honor – by Jason Fried
- SO WHAT: “Sustained exhaustion is not a rite of passage. It’s a mark of stupidity.”
5 Choices You’ll Regret Forever – by Travis Bradberry
- SO WHAT: Agreed on all points. This one is worth hanging on to…….
Here’s How A Month Of Exercise Affected My Brain – by Michael Grothaus
- SO WHAT: The benefits of exercise may be far more mentally beneficial than even physical.
Presentation Design: 15 Ways to Deliver the Perfect Message – by Elly Whitney
- SO WHAT: Should be mandatory reading for anyone having to present