“Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.” – William Faulkner
Here are this week’s additional 5 for 5 articles:
Do You Have Grit? – by Travis Bradberry – via LinkedIn
- SO WHAT: Grit = Passion + Perseverance
How (and Why) You Should Read More – by Allison Stadd – via 99u
- SO WHAT: You will get no sympathy from me if you are not reading enough…..if you want to read more, here are some good tips.
How Einstein Thought: Why “Combinatory Play” Is the Secret of Genius – by Maria Popova – via Brian Pickings
- SO WHAT: “Combinatory play seems to be the essential feature in productive thought.”
Entitlement vs. worthiness – by Seth Godin – via @thisissethsblog
- SO WHAT: Avoid entitlement and unworthiness.
Everything you think you know about happiness is wrong – by Jess Whittlestone – via Quartz
- SO WHAT: A very interesting article – with so many blogs posting how to be happy, this one challenges whether that is even the correct pursuit.
all the best, kevin